Ironman 2020 Taupo
Ironman World Championships 70.3 2020 in Taupo!
Key facts for the IRONMAN World Champs:
- It is to be held in Taupō on the 28th and 29th November 2020.
- It is a two day event, with men and women competing on the same course over two days.
- It considered to be the largest international event ever held in Taupō, with an expected 5,000 competitors, and 13,000 supporters.
- There will be over 100 qualifying races held across the globe beginning in July 2019.
- The 2020 BDO Lake Taupō Cycle Challenge will be on Saturday 14th November 2020.
Guests are encouraged to spend 6 or more nights in Taupo to have enough time to watch the events and fully enjoy the local attractions and activities in and around Waikato.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU AT ALPINE LAKE MOTEL
2020: Taupõ, New Zealand
With a strong IRONMAN history that spans 20 years, Taupõ, New Zealand is best known for hosting IRONMAN New Zealand since 1999. The IRONMAN 70.3 Taupõ joined the family in 2015, and has since earned numerous IRONMAN 70.3 Athletes' Choice Awards. Taupõ is a unique and beautiful destination with a local community that has embraced IRONMAN events and the thousands of athletes that have competed there. The 2020 event will move from its traditional late August/early September race date to take place on November 28 and 29, 2020. This shift will take advantage of New Zealand’s peak time of year with mild temperatures in the region's early summer months."